At ALLpaQ, we boast an unwavering commitment to quality – not only in our products but also in our people. […]
Dec 05th, 2023
Dec 05th, 2023
In business, as in life, inspiration resides in the most unusual of places. And when we find it, we should keep it, right? Sure we should. Take William Shakespeare: he was a pretty wise guy.
Shakespeare’s poems and plays are indeed simmering with meaning. And, in 2015, his subtext is ready-made to be extrapolated and translated into a source of inspiration for today’s business leaders.
Here’s 7 of our favourite William Shakespeare quotes every business leader should heed:
7. On decision making: “Go wisely and slowly. Those who rush, stumble and fall.” (Romeo and Juliet)
6. How to plan for the best outcome: “Strong reasons make strong actions.” (King John)
5. Become a standout orator by keeping it short and sweet: “Brevity is the soul of wit.” (Hamlet)
4. On taking calculated risks: “There is a tide in the affairs of men which, taken at the flood, leads on to fortune; omitted, all the voyage of their life is bound in shallows and in miseries.” (Julius Caesar)
3. How to earn respect: “Let none presume to wear an undeserved dignity.” (Merchant of Venice)
2. Be trustworthy: “The purest treasure mortal times afford is spotless reputation – that away, Men are but gilded loam, or painted clay.” (Richard The Second)
1. Being resilient: “Wise men ne’er sit and wail their loss, but cheerily seek how to redress their harms.” (King Henry the Sixth)
Do you have any other Shakespeare quotes you can add to the mix?