ALLpaQ Environmental Policy
Created: July 2022
Last Reviewed: February 2023
Next Review: July 2023
The management of ALLpaQ Packaging Limited acknowledges that the day-to-day operations can impact both directly and indirectly on the environment and we recognise our responsibility to manage our environmental impacts carefully. We are committed to reducing our environmental impacts and continually improving our environmental performance as an integral part of our business strategy and operating methods, with regular review points. We will encourage customers, suppliers, and other contacts to do the same.
With this policy as a working document, we will endeavour to:
- Incorporate environmental considerations into our business decisions.
- Continually improve and monitor our own environmental performance.
- Promote environmental awareness among our staff, customers and suppliers.
As a company, we have identified 5 areas to prioritise over the coming years:
1. Our products
- We will continue to move towards a ‘closed-loop’ system for our containers, through encouraging and facilitating the return of used containers for re-use or recycling.
- We will continually seek to improve the environmental credentials of our products without compromising their performance or longevity.
- We will measure and report our business carbon footprint on an annual basis.
- We will implement measures to significantly reduce the intensity of our carbon emissions on an annual basis.
3. Energy use
- We will continue to seek ways of reducing the amount of energy, water and other resources used in our premises.
4. Purchasing of other goods & services
- We will audit all of our main suppliers and introduce an environmentally preferable purchasing policy to minimise the environmental footprint of our supply chains
- We will involve customers, partners, clients, suppliers and subcontractors in the implementation of our objectives
- We will only engage contractors who are able to demonstrate due regard to environmental matters
- We will seek to significantly reduce the carbon emissions arising from the transportation of our products, through preferring companies with strong environmental performance and seeking to promote the most sustainable modes of transportation to our customers
- We will promote more sustainable forms of transport to our staff, and facilitate their use.
Our Environmental Management System
We have developed an Environmental Action Plan to ensure we meet the requirements of these policy priorities. The Environmental Action Plan, together with this policy, comprises our Environmental Management System (EMS). Our EMS is independently certified by Green Small Business. Our certification is maintained through an annual audit carried out independently by Green Small Business.
More broadly speaking, the ALLpaQ management team will:
- Bring this Environmental Policy Statement to the attention of all stakeholders
- Carry out regular audits of the Environmental Management System (carried out by an independent third party, Green Small Business.)
- Comply fully with all relevant legal requirements, codes of practice and regulations at International, National and Local levels
- Ensure that emergency procedures are in place at all locations for dealing with environmental issues
- Identify and manage environmental risks and hazards
- Provide adequate resources to control environmental risks arising from our work activities
- Provide suitable training to enable employees to deal with their specific areas of environmental control
This Environmental Policy will be reviewed at least annually and revised as necessary to reflect changes to the business activities and any changes to legislation. Any changes to the Policy will be brought to the attention of all stakeholders.